Monday, July 28, 2008

A Whole New Week


A whole new week to get stuff done. I have a lot to do this week. Lots of sewing, soldering, and some ordering of materials. I always get so happy when I order supplies. Especially metalsmithing stuff. I get to order some copper this week for my yearly supply of colorful sun catchers for our local holiday gift fair. This will be the first time in almost three years that I will be incorporating new designs and colors. I am really excited to see what people think. I started doing the sun catchers for my first craft show many years back. It has been amazing to see how well they usually sell. I often get people that come back year after year to buy more. I am hoping that the new designs will go over well for my repeat customers.

My mom and I are also trying for booth space at two other shows so things will be getting busy for the both of us. Now that I have expanded from just jewelry and sun catchers, to wallets and handbags, I have a lot of work to be getting done. I also need to start collecting display materials for my table. I have a few handbags cut out already so all I need to do is get off my butt and sew. It will be nice to see what the reaction is to the bags this year. I got a great idea of what people are looking for in a handbag last year. So I am trying to incorporate those wants and needs into my designs. Eek! now I feel really overwhelmed. I just have to keep those little positive thoughts going and all will be well!

4 comments:

kim* said...

yeah i would love to be in a fair to get my stuff out of my hands. i am not really in the mood to make anything for my shop since i have so much stock already.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I wish you and your mom all the best at the shows! How nice!!!

tattytiara said...

It's always exciting debuting new designs. Your regular customers are going to be thrilled!

Unknown said...

thank you!:)