Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am Diggin' The Purple!

I have to say, I really like the purple. I really wanted to stick with a black background but when I woke up this morning and got ready to write. I was pleasantly surprised by the crazy purple background. O.K. I am done talking about my background color.

I woke up a bit early this morning. Last night, Ciaran's toys started turning on by themselves. We had just gotten into to bed and started to hear a whirring sound at first then some random beeping. It took me a while to figure out what it was. Luckily, Mark went out to the living room to turn them off, I was to scared. It was funny but spooky at the same time. Either we are haunted, or we need some new batteries around here. Shortly after that disturbance, Mr. Ciaran woke up crying and could not be soothed back to sleep, so I brought him in to bed with us where he tossed and turned and talked in his sleep until about 5:30 am. Then the little booger ran down the hall at top speed, squealing at the top of his lungs! He got out into the living room before I could stop him. So we have been up for a while now. I am pretty darn sleepy but having my first dose of caffeine for the day, that should help.

I made a pattern for a large travel wallet last night. So I plan to work on that today. I am curious to see how it turns out. This one will be out of black leather, but I can't figure out what I want to do as an applique on it. So that will be the task for the day! Figuring out a new and unusual color combination that will be pleasing to the eyeballs, not pukey. Once that is done, we are off to farmer's market to pick up some fresh veggies and to get some exercise and fresh air. It looks beautiful out there so far. A bright and sunny day without all the smoke that has been plaguing us for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will get outside before the fog rolls back in. Well, off I go to my secret laboratory to mess around with colored leather.

No comments: