Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What is Up With My Style?


I don't really have one, but I do a lot of catalog, magazine browsing. I tend to fall in love with clothing and shoes that are highly inappropriate for the climate here. Lots of sandals and dresses and clothing that doesn't work well with walking long distances. I just fell in love with a pair of boots with cut-outs all over them. Those will be perfect for the rainy season! I can't wait for super soggy feet! OOOOH and walking in the rain in soggy feet with heels, EVEN BETTER! It is a really good thing that I do not have extra money to spend these days or I would be making some poor investments in a useless wardrobe. I will just stick with my chunky boots, knee socks, sweaters, and my one skirt that fits.

I finished another wallet yesterday. I wasn't sure about combining blue, brown, and red, but it worked really well. I think I may try a couple more with the same color combination/theme. Maybe a little pouch next time.

I am so excited about a postcard exchange through Etsy, I love postcards! I also love the idea of connecting with my fellow artsy/craftsy persons. I also signed up to be a pen pal and I love that too! I had so many pen pals when I was younger. It was so wonderful to read about their lives and living in other places. I even got to meet a couple of my pen pals when I was younger. Twins from England that used to write my best friend and I. It is a shame that we didn't keep in touch after that. I can't wait to start writing! Ciaran and I are heading out today to collect some postcards to send off. Then back home to make more wallets:)

4 comments:

Treasures by Tina said...

I love your wallets! And your writing is really fun to read!

Rock on, fellow Etsyan! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am glad you stopped by:)

Anonymous said...

These wallets are super fun and funky.

Unknown said...

thank you! I am trying really hard:)