Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aww Nuts!!!


I made it on to the front page of Etsy yesterday and I missed it! I can't believe I missed it. Oh well, what can you do. I just feel so happy to have been on the front page. How cool is that? It made my day, especially because I ended up sick and taking the night off from work to try to get my sinus headache under control. There really is nothing like spending your evening on the couch with a crazy 18 month old running loose around your house and being on the verge of vomit-city if you try to move in the slightest. Yuck! Thankfully, my young son had a little bit of mercy on me and curled up with me on the couch before bed. He is a sweet little guy.

I finished another wallet, I decided to expand on my polka dot card wallet design and add a cash pocket to this one. I really like how it turned out. The purple leather is incredibly soft and easy to work with so it was a good start to this design. I have another ready to go in orange suede but I have to think of a color combination/applique design that will work with the design of the wallet. That gets to be tricky with the button loop closure. Only because I want it all to flow well and not look like I stuck a button on the wallet just because.

On my way home from my postcard search yesterday afternoon, I decided to stop by one of our local thrift stores to look for treasures......AND I SCORED!!!! I found a lilac colored suede jacket for twenty-five cents and a big wool sweater in a brilliant green for two dollars. I was so happy! I rarely find such good deals at this particular place so my little head achy, pukey self was just singing happy songs on the way home yesterday. Now I have to figure out what I want to do to this particular sweater. I think I want to make another mangled cardigan. I really like how my first sweater adventure turned out, I think I want to do something similar but a little more asymmetrical. It should be a good adventure.

So we are off today to replenish our supply of thread, snaps, and cool and crazy lining material. Then coffee for me, cookie for the baby, and off once again to visit the two little fuzzy puppies that now own my parents . Have a good day all!

2 comments:

Huckleberry Arts said...

Love the color use in the wallet!!

Unknown said...

thank you so much:)