Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An Orange Day

That is the color of the sky today. Orange, hazy, foggy, smokey, it is such a weird color. I wish I didn't have to go out in it but I need to make my way downtown for errands. I don't have a lot to do but enough to make me get off my butt and make the trip. I just hate walking in this stuff it makes me super wheezy/sneezy. I was hoping the fires would die down soon but it seems like the ones east of us are growing. Apparently around Burnt Ranch. That makes it extra smokey and weird down here at the coast. So I will be taking it easy today as much as possible. Working all my little things, watching Ciaran race around the house, watching the cats watch Ciaran run around the house, and then running off to hide in various places. They are fearless of everything else, except a happy screaming toddler, the most terrifying of all creatures. Ciaran is so sweet to them too. He rarely tries to touch them, he just looks at them and speaks baby to them. Occasionally he tries to kiss their ears but ends up drooling in their eyes. Or he pats them gently. They are all terrified of him though, no matter what. Maybe he is offering threats of death in their language or something. Drowning them in his drool, or trying to feed them cheerios and peanut butter until they explode. It is a mystery to me, I don't think I will ever uncover this mystery. It is not my destiny to uncover it. I just get to sit back and giggle about it. It is a sight to behold. An amusing mystery on this weird, orange day.

No comments: