Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today I Try Something New

So I recently tried snaps as a closure which worked out fabulously and I have many more to put together to list and sell. Today I am trying an experiment with a wristlet I have been working on for a while now to make expandable, meaning, I will be adding a little extra leather to the bottom and sides to give a little extra room for stuff while it is being used. I sure hope it works out. I love the bag already, it is in deep purple suede with a tree branch design in black leather and golden leaves. If I mess up then back to the drawing board. I will post a photo when I finish.

Other than my adventures in expandable wristlets, I am going to be cutting up another leather coat for use in my projects. I always love that part. For some reason it just feels really good to deconstruct an article of clothing and know it will be reconstructed into something wonderful. This time it is a full length leather coat that has a few dings and tears that I can work around. I just picked up a pair of brown suede pants too! Should be a fun way to spend this foggy day.

When the sun comes out later, if it comes out today, we will venture over to the pastures and say Hi! to the cows. We haven't been out that way in a while and it is so peaceful out there. I love watching how the light hits everything out there at the end of the day. The only thing I don't like are the sneezes and the little bitey bugs that seem to find me and attack. That should be a great way to end our day. Then it is rice pockets, veggies, and cake for dinner.

No comments: