Monday, July 14, 2008

Martian Pouches and New Puppies!

I finished this pouch yesterday. I had made one before but a little smaller and in black and white, not sparkly green and black. I really like the idea. I think I will play with the design a bit more, just to see what the possibilities are. The green is really wonderful, shimmery and pale but with a bit of gold in it. It looks great against the black leather. It kind of reminds me of space. I think I will call it the "Martian Pouch" because of it's space-like qualities. I put a couple pockets inside for organizing. I like the idea of being able to find what you are looking for in a flash, even with a little bag. I chose to add the key clip too, I just like the idea of having all my stuff in one place, especially when I am chasing Ciaran all over the place. Well, I hope someone falls in love with it, because if they don't, I just may use it myself.

Ciaran and I had planned to meet our parent's new puppy Duffy yesterday. Except that Ciaran is running a bit of a fever and is sort of lethargic. I think it is the new teeth he is getting, but we decided to play it safe and stay home. I called my mom to let her know that we would be staying home for the evening and that we would try to get over there to meet the puppy sometime this week. It turns out that they adopted two puppies instead of just one. Now they have Duffy and Matilda, I guess my mom just fell in love with Matilda so now they have gone from a non doggy household to a two doggy household. This should be an interesting journey for them. I can't wait to meet them and see how Ciaran reacts to them, he has developed a great love of all dogs over the last couple of weeks. He is going to be in doggy heaven!

2 comments:

GwynnsGifts said...

What a great pouch. Very eye catching. I love your Etsy shop. You do great work.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much:)