Monday, September 22, 2008

My Mom Makes Some Cute Stuff!



I thought I would take today to plug my mom's shop a little bit. She is Brendashop on Etsy. We did the Design Collective together a couple of weeks ago and I got to see some of her new pieces. She has been making little fleece jackets, ponchos, outfits, hats, and socks for babies. She started making the baby jackets and outfits when we found that the color and design for baby boy clothing is really awful and boring for the most part. I hate graphics and refuse to only dress Ciaran in blue, grey, or green. I wanted something that was still a bit boyish but had a little extra pizazz. Which is incredibly hard to find int the stores. I really love the little jacket she made for Ciaran when he was tiny, he looks so cute in it. It is a little small on him now that he has decided to grow like a weed but he will wear it until the little sleeves are up to his elbows cause it's so darn cute!!!! My mom started making fleece ponchos for adults a few years back and they just hit big time! She has become a little discouraged with her baby clothes because they aren't selling right now, I think it's just a matter of time and exposure, I am helping with the exposure part. Check out her shop if you get a chance, I am sure she would appreciate the visit.

5 comments:

Treasures by Tina said...

Your mom makes adorable stuff! It so sweet of you to help promote her. :)

Kim Caro said...

the jacket is so colorful cute!

Unknown said...

thank you so much for checking out her work:)

Ladybuggz said...

I know how your mother feels. I sell baby things too --- sometimes. :o(

She makes nice stuff, and you certainly wouldn't lose track of a toddler in those bright colors! :o)

Unknown said...

thanks for checking out her work:)