Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to Work

So the Design Collective is over, I took the day yesterday to clean-up a little bit and improve some designs and now I am back to work. I have started listing some new wallets and I am making more day by day. I love the color combination in this one the bright raspberry pink with black and pumpkin orange. It stands out! I have decided to make my travel wallets just a smidgen bigger to fit a check book and more cash! I think it will go over well. I just want to design and make things that are pretty and practical. I think I am on the right track.

I am trying a new pouch design in sage green, lavender, and black that I think will look wonderful when done. I am going to be adding two zipper pockets, and a lot more slip pockets to the design to make it super usable. I am excited! I love the process of creating, you never do know what you'll end up with but the learning experience from the process is the key. That to me is worth it. Even if the project doesn't work out and you have to scrap the whole thing, at least you have learned what will or won't work.

Today we head downtown for a few errands. The weather seems to have changed into its more Autumn like appearance. Overcast and colder, with a tease of sun at the very end of the afternoon. I love it, but it definitely bugs a lot of the people around here, they so wanted more of a Summer. I can't say I blame them, but I still like the idea of bundling up in a nice warm sweater, hot cocoa, coffee, and a nice long walk. No more sandals, I guess I have to wear real shoes and socks. Not my favorite thing to do, but, I will give in for the sake of my poor chilly feet.

So back to work I go, hopefully I will have some good sewing karma and some amazing stuff will come out of that. No holding breath or crossing fingers though, it will be what it will be, no flipsy-changos!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cute! first time visiting your blog... I love the name! Makes me think of squiggly things LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by:)

Jewelry Rockstar said...

How was the show???? Did u make lots of money? Hope so.

Unknown said...

Thanks:)

only one sale to a fellow etsian, which was so cool! It was a nice show, full of new faces with really great wares, I think it has a lot of potential. I hope they plan to continue it:)

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Yeah this a hard year for sales out at shows, but it is always great to see the beautiful creations from fellow artists.