Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hey! Where Did You Come From?


So I am just sitting here minding my own business, trying to figure out how to sip my coffee with a kinked neck, when I look outside and BLAM! The sun is shining! It hasn't been around for the last few days. All of the sudden it is super shiny and happy out there. I think that is why I love living here so much. We don't have very many sunny days, so when we have one, after a whole week of grey skies, it is like magic! Even though I can't move my head from side to side to well still, I still feel peppy and happy and ready to work.

I am working on a lot of projects at the same time and that is really stressing me out. I just so badly want to get a lot done by the end of the year. I am finishing a long overdue birthday present for my lovely sister and I feel horrible because I keep having to put it off to finish other stuff. This is the weekend to get it done though, whether I want to or not! I would describe the piece but she might read this and it would ruin the surprise, so I will post a pic and description when it is all done and sent off to her.

I am also excited about the mask I am getting ready to make for our local Maskibition. Which shows at the Ink People Center for the Arts in Eureka. It is held each year during the month of October, and it it one of the most interesting exhibits around here. I think the mask brings out a whole other side of creativity in people. The mask is such a magical and mysterious thing.....I can't wait to get back to mask making. It is a true outlet for me. I just hope my little fingers still know what to do with all that copper!

No comments: