Saturday, September 20, 2008

Zippers, Snaps, and Buttons

This is my newest color combination: a very muted but beautiful one in sage green, lavender, grey, and black. I am finishing up a pouch right now that shows off more of the yumminess of this color combination. I am off to town later to find a couple of pieces of fabric, a couple zippers and some snaps that will work well with this combo because I am making quite a few pieces with these colors. I love our local fabric store. I can always find some little square of fabric that will work for my pieces and our local antique store has a great supply of antique and vintage sewing notions. Too cool! I am excited as well because the North Country Fair will be happening today and tomorrow so Ciaran and I, and possibly Mark will enjoy the local artisans' work, and some yummy food all accompanied by live local music.

Then it is home and back to work! Hopefully I will get the evening to work on stuff, I tried last night but the kid kept waking up so I finally gave up around 11:30pm. I hope the trip downtown, the fair, and our walk home will be enough to wear him out for a decent sleep tonight. My brain is fading after a whole week of this. I feel sort of dull, and uninspired, and I am sure it is due to sleep deprivation. The only word I can think of is "WHATEVER!" in big green letters and red polka dots flashing all around them when anything good or bad happens. Oh well, it's better than the phrase that went flashing through my head in bright violet letters last night when I ran foot first into the vacuum cleaner. I won't repeat what the phrase was, I don't want to offend anyone.

3 comments:

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I love the color combo of this new one. It looks like your store has new items. You've been busy. I love that red cuff.

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

I love your blog colors! The zippy little puches seem to be hot right now hope you sell out!

Unknown said...

Thanks!:)