Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Wallet for My Sister


I finally finished a wallet for my sister. She had wanted something crazy, so I picked my favorite color combinations and had a blast. I really like how it turned out. I still have to finish the edges but the sewing is done! I used hemp cord this time to do the hand sewing and I love it. It is really strong! I hope she gets good use out of it. I am in the process of making her a ring out of copper, sterling silver, and opal. I think I have finally come up with a decent and functional design so I am pretty excited to get it done.

The only part that sucks is cleaning up my space to work. UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I can never stay organized and that drives me nuts! I have everything so organized and accessible when I start working and it just gets messier and messier as I go. Pretty soon, instead of a work space, I have a pile of junk that I have to sift through every week just to see the table surface. I can't wait to have an actual studio, one where I can have a table space for each portions of my work. One for the designing, one for cutting out, one for sewing, one for jewelry making, and then lots of containers and areas to store materials and finished projects. Hopefully some day, I will dream of it until then.

No comments: