Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Miss Making Masks


That's Leopold, my favorite mask creation. I was looking through my portfolio pictures and really started itching to make a couple of masks. I really miss the whole process from puzzling the put together to the anguish and frustration of actually fitting pieces together correctly and symmetrically. I also miss the different state of mind it brings me in to. The story the mask makes up as it comes together. The story about where it's from and what it means. The whole mystery behind the mask. Time to drag out the big box of scraps and start playing around. I have'nt made a mask since I was pregnant with Ciaran and both of those turned out a little goofy because I was too big to fit at the work table properly and Ciaran bounced around in my tummy every time I made a noise with the hammer. I can't wait to get started again. I have some drawing to do!

No comments: