Monday, June 16, 2008

Apple Pie For Breakfast?

Yep! That is what Ciaran and I had for breakfast today. Mark has been wanting apple pie for the last month so I made him a huge caramel apple pie for Father's Day. We shared it last night with my parents at our lovely Father's Day Dinner. I could'nt get Ciaran to try it since the only foods that exist to him right now are cheerios, bananas, carrots, apples, oranges, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, milk, and water. No matter what we try and how we try it he refuses any food that is not on his list above. Somehow, I managed to get his attention while putting a scoop of yogurt in a bowl and putting little bits of apple pie over the top of it. He came over and stared at me while I was eating. Then I held out a small bite for him and he tried it.....Then he pulled it out of his mouth and looked at it. But, I gave him another bite and he ate it. So we shared, it was fun, and now he is eating his own breakfast of a graham cracker smeared with applesauce, banana, and a sippy cup full of milk. For me, the yogurt and apple pie was my breakfast. I now wait for my coffee so I can wake up enough to get my butt in gear and finish up my messenger bag to list today.

No comments: