Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Guess I Should Explain Myself

So, when I was my crazy 15 year old punk rocker self. My best friend (also a punk rocker) and I decided that when we grew up we wanted to start a department store that catered to all of the people in the world who appreciated strangeness. Everything from clothing to music to food on down would be sold in our store. A store that specializes in everything strange, deserves a strange name. Somehow, the name "Gurgly Things" appeared to us. A perfectly strange name for our perfectly strange store! I don't know how we came up with the Gurgly part other than my bottomless pit of a stomach that always gurgled, no matter how much I ate. We planned out all sorts of things our store would carry. One of a kind clothing and accessories by me, make-up and music specially picked by ourselves, even baked goods if I remember it all correctly. It would be the perfect place to shop for all the weird and strange in the world. Now my idea of Gurgly Things is kind of a reality with my shops and my new venture into handmade accessories so I use this space as a place to celebrate it all. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

No comments: