Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Feeling Snappy!

I finally got myself a snap making kit this weekend to expand on my leather working capabilities. I started thinking about snaps as a different way to close my cuffs which I usually use a slide or button closure for. I thought it would be nice to have a snap closure to add to the mix, especially since I am working on some more manly and unisex cuffs that just don't look right with button closures. I had invested in a heavy duty rotary punch a couple of weeks ago to help make the edge sewing on a few of my wallets a bit easier on my hands. I thought getting a rotary punch and some leather needles was exciting, but the snap kit takes the cake. It involves hammering and that is one of my favorite things to do. I guess I just like to make noise. Hammers tend to be noisy while in use. Our neighbors are gonna love me! I made my first snap when I got home on Saturday and it turned out perfect! I think I will practice a bit more before I actually put a snap on one of my wallets....just to be safe. Now if I could just perfect my zipper installation, life would be just perfect.

Other than that, Mark and I celebrated our eleven year anniversary on Saturday. We completely forgot about it until we were on our way home from our walk downtown Saturday evening. We were talking about making cornish pastries and chocolate cake for dinner and somehow the subject of our anniversary came up. It was a nice night, we celebrated by eating our lovely dinner of cornish pastries and chocolate cake. Maybe next year we will remember and actually plan a celebration in advance.

2 comments:

Dulce said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading it this morning. Thank you for sharing. Dulce

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by:)