Friday, November 14, 2008

Zippers and Thread are Exciting To Me

My newest pouch wallet in one of my new favorite color combinations, now listed and ready to go!



So, I scored once again at a couple of our local thrift stores. I found a whole stash of super colorful thread for twenty-five cents a spool at one of the stores(plus a little stuffed basset hound for Ciaran, and a cool wool sweater that I am going to turn into a vest for me) and a whole pile of zippers at another store for a dollar sixty-five! Yippee! I just had to replace another very expensive uv heat lamp for the torts, and Ciaran needs shoes, so I was wondering where my supply money was going to come from. So I scored with my thrift shop deals! I find it very exciting. I was telling someone about my great find and they looked at me like I was crazy. I suppose it is not as exciting if you don't make wallets or clothing and are always on the lookout for good deals on thread and zippers. Today I am looking for lining fabrics at our other thrift store. I can't wait!

No comments: