Tuesday, December 16, 2008

OOh! This is Fun!


I am spending this slow time working on a few new items for my shops which require a little extra design work. Surprisingly, after all the work for my holiday shows this past few months, I am having a really good time making stuff. I am going a little bit bigger on some of my already established designs mainly to make more room for card pockets, and zipper pockets, and some are just getting a little make over. Some are just staying the same for now since they seem to work well as is. The most fun so far has been working on my new cuffs, some with fringe, some with ruffles, some just plain, it's all so much fun, because everything is so different. I like that. I don't want to over do it with new designs, but I definitely want to expand the variety of what I do, and keep improving my already existing designs. One thing doing craft fairs is really good for is getting some insight into what a buyer is looking for and what they are not looking for. I did get a lot of suggestions, some of which are wonderful and I can incorporate, some of which just won't work for what I do. I am thankful for all the input I got, good or bad, useful or not.

No comments: