Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sometimes Colors are just too Yummy!


I just finished this little wallet. I decided to put an iridescent red sheen over the caramel colored leather for the base and wow! did it turn out cool. It only slightly tinted the caramel color adding a distressed quality to it. In the light it glows this wonderful warm pink. I decided that the metallic olive green and brown suede would look awesome together and they do! The olive green has a little iridescence to it to so it just adds a little more pizazz to it. I love little successes! It makes all the problem solving and puzzling worth it.

Today is one of those super foggy days and I am hanging out inside drinking way too much coffee and working on my latest custom order. My first computer sleeve/case thingy. It will be a really cool project. Lots of colorful applique work. It is just getting the motivation to jump in and just do it. Ciaran helped me pick out some bright orange cotton to line the case with. For 18 months old, that little boy sure has an eye for color. So now I have to figure out exactly how the whole thing will work together and then get to business with the applique design. It should be a fun project for such a blah day.

Later we eat burgers, fries, and Mark is going to make us a lemon meringue pie. I can't wait! Hopefully it will all agree with all the coffee I've been drinking.

No comments: