Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Photos of an Old Friend


I have decided this year is my year to play around with the photos of my pieces. To learn a little bit more about photographing jewelry in particular, so I started today. I just decided to play around with a piece that I have had in my Etsy shop forever. I love this piece, but the first photos I took of it looked really washed out. So today, I laid it out on the remnants of an old bridesmaid dress and took a few shots for fun. Still not the greatest, but I am having a good time. I have been spending a lot of time this weekend looking at other shops and how they all photograph their pieces. All in an effort to give me some ideas on what I need to do to improve.

All this jewelry stuff is making me anxious to work though. I am trying so hard not to do anything with jewelry, ornaments, or masks until the end of February. My wrist and hand are slowly getting better, but I want to make sure before I venture into the world of metal work again. I will just look at my crowded and messy workbench longingly until then. I am not even going to touch the mess because I know I won't be able to resist working on some little project, or starting a new one. I miss you silver, copper, pretty stones and all. I will be seeing you soon.

2 comments:

Sabine B. said...

That picture already looks great :)

Unknown said...

thank you so much!:)