Monday, April 19, 2010

Recycled Sweater Fest and Other Happenings in the Secret Laboratory


So, my table has been piled up with projects for months now and I since I am getting to work more, I thought that I would spend the weekend finishing up some of my personal projects to get them off the table. I have had these sweaters for a couple of years with the purpose of making new out of the old, and I did! The red one was a merino wool turtleneck sweater that is now a shrug with frilly edging and little strawberry appliques. The pink one is two different sweaters with some pleating and stitching done in bright turquoise yarn. Fun stuff! Now that they are off my table, I not only have room to work, but, and it's a BIG BUT, I have room for more leathery projects. Feels good to get in the lab again!

Today, I am concentrating on trying out some low carb bread and cracker recipes for myself. Since my blood sugar seems to want to hover at an "interesting" level most times, I am trying out the low carb, low sugar way of life. I just pulled a big loaf of flax foccacia bread out of the oven and it smells sooooo good!

After the baking experiments are done, I am going to hopefully get some appliques sewn and one of those collars I keep talking about actually done. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: