Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Gonna Be Slow-Goin' for a While

Wow! I thought my wrist injury was bad! Now that my elbow is acting up I can't do much of anything for long. Just squeezing the tube of toothpaste hurts like hell! I got this crazy idea for a new piece of jewelry that would incorporate some of my metal work with some of my leather work and I decided today was the day to start on it (I am working on a self imposed deadline here) I just started working and OUCH! I was only able to saw for a couple of minutes before I needed a break. ELBOW LOCK! GREAT PAIN! GREAT PAIN! I guess there will be no more 16 hour plus work days without stopping for more than a pee and a cup of coffee. I so miss my metal work but I guess I will have to make my peace with little bits of work time here and there until I heal up, IF I heal up. It is better this way with the little ones though. I can't get so immersed in what I am working on right now, so instead of forcing a project to completion I have to make myself really enjoy the process at a much slower pace. Not a bad idea really, I never wanted to produce tons and tons of the same piece anyways, I enjoy my mask making for the process and how each individual piece turns out, I'll just have to put that idea behind my jewelry and accessory work for now.

No comments: