Thursday, November 24, 2011

Up in The Middle of The Night Again

Not that I want to be, but I just am. I'm pretty sure I could sleep but I'm having a really nasty allergy attack complete with wheezing and sinus headache. So, after I finish writing this, I am going to finish gluing the appliques to the last of my leathery wallets and such for my show on Saturday. It's not much, but enough to keep me busy for a couple of hours until my allergy meds start working. I still have a bit to do, but I feel like I am farther ahead than I have been in the previous years with all my stuff. I think my mom's passing has really bit me in the butt! I really feel the need to get stuff done, and not put anything that I find important off. Procrastination is deadly! Working on my leathery things has become a necessity again for coping with the loss of my mom, but I have also found that it brings me a little peace and happiness. Even if I don't sell a damn thing, I still feel good that I am making things that I love in the way I want to do them. That feeds my inspiration, which makes me want to create more. I think I lost that a bit over the last year, with all sorts of gooey details that I am not going to spill, it's been difficult to find enjoyment and inspiration in much of anything. I feel like I've found that again. Now, the trick is to keep it!

No comments: