Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vivarium!


My fake rocks for our lizard vivarium made of spray foam!


Carving up the rocks to make them more "rock-like"



All carved up and ready to be sealed



Sealed and drying in the sun! I used a mixture of peat moss, sphagnum moss, coco fiber, and wood glue. ( I think that they look like huge turds)


I put in the background, added the fountain, coco fiber, planters, selaginella, and sprinkled some peat and sphagnum mosses





I added the branches and vines

Now it is all planted up and ready to go. I planted a small palm, polka dot plant and some other terrarium plants. We just need to let them get used to their new home. I will post some pictures once everyone is established and thriving.

It was a great project and now I just want to build terrariums and vivariums all day!

No comments: