Thursday, June 30, 2011

Waterfall/Fountain Fun

I'm back from my little vacation. It was super-rifically awesome and I wish we were able to be there a little bit longer, but we missed our babies and couldn't wait to see them again. I think next time, we may bring them along as well. Every thing's just easier that way. I didn't get to take any photos while I was there, I meant to, but we just had a lot to do in a short amount of time. So, no haunted hotel pics or pics from the show. Well, I have lots of pictures in my mind, where they will stay in that fluffy, happy place that I retreat too when the real world sucks too much for me to deal with.

Anyways, I spent my "Tired Tuesday" recovering at home in my pajamas with the kiddos. I started making a waterfall for my vivarium but found out after it was done, that it is way too big for the size of the cage it will be in. So "Whiny Wednesday" I dismantled the waterfall and made a much smaller and much less dramatic fountain with an old bowl that I had for the tortoises. It ended up looking pretty cool and will work perfectly for what I need it for, but I sure was looking forward to the drama of the bigger waterfall. I guess that will be my excuse for my next vivarium/terrarium project. It makes me feel good to get it done and out of the way so I can concentrate on collecting the plants for the cage. Now if only my background would show up, so I could actually put it all together and get it planted!

No comments: