Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well........


Little tortie made it into the world this Valentine's Day. Sadly, it looks as if she passed away. I'm not sure what happened, all seemed fine when she broke out of the shell this afternoon and was roaming about the incubator later in the day. When I went to check on her around midnight, I noticed she wasn't moving at all and wouldn't even respond to a little tug to her foot. I picked her up and held her and she didn't make a move, eyes still open, limbs extended, and no sign of life. We are so sad and I don't want to be the one to tell Ciaran tomorrow, he was so excited about the little critter(although terrified at the same time!) I imagine there was something wrong with the little tort to begin with and it would not have survived no matter how much we did for it. I am so grateful for the experience of watching her come into the world and the little time we had with her. I send her off to tortie heaven with lots little tortie hugs and kisses.


We'll miss you little friend, safe journeys!

No comments: