Sunday, August 28, 2011

What a WEIRD Way to End The Week.


We were so excited to receive Jonesie and did all we could to keep her comfy and help her adapt to her new home for the last week. Unfortunately, she passed away early Saturday Morning, breaking my heart and the kiddos hearts' as well. RIP Jonesie. ( Sorry for the fuzzy picture, it was her first day with us and I didn't want to stress her out by getting the camera too close to her.)

Then, Mark came home from his ride on Saturday with a pocket full of little babies he had saved from an uncertain future in the road. We started with four, two died within the first hours of being home with us, these are the two little babies that lived and are eating and thriving so far. We have no idea if they will make it or not but we are giving it our all.

So, that's been my week in a nutshell. As much as I wanted to get back to sewing, I am now spending my days caring for some these absolutely tiny critters and that is cool with me. I only wish my efforts with Jonesie were as successful :(

Onward to next week which I hope to be filled with leathery fun and thriving small furry critters. Cross your fingers for us:)

No comments: