Monday, December 8, 2014

Biege



My newest three just in time for the holidays in my Etsy shop now!
I am so blessed to have had such a variety of great colors of leather and suede to use this year.  As usual, toward the end of the year I run low on everything.  Now that I am sewing for two different places, I am using up even more leather and suede than ever!  I love it, but I am finding myself running into trouble with designing new appliques and putting colors together.  It is a challenge even with a rainbow of colors in front of me and now that I am limited a bit, it's even more of a challenge to find things that work together and look good.  I like to have a few pieces with more neutral colors on hand just because not everyone wants a bright yellow or purple wallet.  The tricky part is that I use up all of the neutral colors pretty fast and only have teeny tiny scraps to work with for the face of each wallet.  I think I may need to rethink my appliques a bit so my leathery goodness can stretch a bit farther.  2015 should be fun and full of new ideas!

No comments: