Thursday, June 12, 2014

The End of First Grade!

Ciaran and I collaborated on a "Thank You" present for his teacher.  He drew a beautiful butterfly which I transferred to a piece of red leather.  I burnt in the design and then painted in the colors.  It turned out beautifully!  Ciaran autographed the inside cover and we sent it off today to his teacher for a last day of school present.  We hope she likes it!  Other than that, I have been making owl themed custom orders and have cut out a few more pouches to be sewn when my custom orders are all done.  I am looking forward to a Summer of LOTS of outdoor adventures with the kids, hopefully, they will let me have a few moments here and there to create and sew.  I have a whole pile of leathery goodness that wants to show itself off in completed form.  I hope they get to do that soon.  Happy Summer Vacation!

No comments: